Coventry Parks and Recreation Department (RI)
Skip to nav
1st Annual Holiday Cookie Contest
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 6:00—7:00pm at the Council Chambers (1670 Flat River Rd)
Triple Play: Cookie with a filling and frosting or glaze. Filling could be a puree, piece of fruit, or candy. Cookie shell could be bonbon, sandwich cookie, mini-turnover as long as it’s enclosed.
Tropical Christmas: Think coconut, citrus, pineapple, bananas. Any ingredient or flavor that says “tropics” or “Island”. This cookie can take any form.
Ginger bread-inspired: The “original” Christmas cookie, gingerbread is still a favorite. The standard cutouts could be paired with other flavors. (Ex. Chocolate) This cookie can take any form.
Open class: This is our catch-all category for any cookie you wish to enter. Make it your very best!
Prizes: A best of show = $100, 2nd = $50, 3rd = $25
Best of show winner will be asked to serve as a guest judge in the 2023 contest
Rules and Procedures:
- Limit of three (3) entries per person. Cost is $10 per entry. Coventry Residents only. Ages 18+. Min. 18 Registrations/Max. 50 Registrations
- Recipes and cookies must be labeled with category and entrants name. (Print only)
- Entries must be original or partially so. If it's taken from another recipe, source must be listed.
- Ingredients should be listed in order of use, and directions should be clear and complete.
- Entrants must bring their cookies (one dozen), clearly marked with name, contact info and daytime phone number to the Parks and Recreation office between 8:30am—4:30pm, Dec 5 and Dec 6, 2022. Containers will not be returned.
- Entries will be judged on taste, appearance, festiveness, originality and overall appeal.
- The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to alter categories based on the number and type of entries received.
EACH ENTRY REQUIRES A REGISTRATION. YOU CAN ADD UP TO 3 CATEGORIES TO YOUR CART.
This is a FREE event to attend as a guest!